Tips for organizing closet clutter, the real skeletons that lurk within our closets are the shape of clutter and clothes rather than lies and betrayal.
To clear your mind and your closet the experts in design at Laurel & Wolf have done the hard work by compiling a list with strategies to eliminate that clutter once at last.
1. Before you dive in at the stacks of muddled socks or boxes of letters from your camp buddies You must first make a large chunk of time dedicated to your closet cleaning project. When you’ve decided to commit to the time frame, adhere to the schedule.
2. There’s something truly magical happening when you listen to the right songs while you clean. A playlist that is belt-friendly tunes can make time pass by in a flash and take your mind away from the tedious job that is at hand.
3. Remove everything that you own, and we mean everything out of your closet. Make sure you have bins, boxes, or bags that are labeled “keep,” “donate,” and “trash” to sort all of the junk into.
4. It’s likely that you’ll have to make many difficult decisions throughout this process, as you confront the hoodies of old which bring back a feeling of nostalgia. But don’t lose sight of the purpose of decluttering. When you are shopping, consider: “Do I wear this?” “Would I buy this now?” “Does this accurately represent my current style?” When you purge, be aware of items you have excessive amounts of. For instance, why do you have three different crop tops in orange? take note of what you really require. How do you manage to not own one of those black dresses?
5. Get your Cinderella on the move (pre-Ball Sorry) by gathering all your cleaning materials and taking to your knees and hands to scrub. Clean any shelves or shelves in your closet, as well as wipe down the hangers and racks as well.
6. At this point in the game, be sure that you have the appropriate organization tools for your items that you’ve decided to put back in your new-to-you closet. Purchase non-slip hangers to ensure that your sundresses and rompers don’t end in the dirt every time. You’ll be amazed at how useful hooks that are nice for your bags and belts will prove to be and also storage compartments for shoes and to store other items.
7. Finding a fashionable outfit in the morning can be difficult enough making it so, make it easier for yourself by setting out your clothes based on manner in which you dress. For instance those who construct their outfits starting from the top and place their blouses on the front.
Put different styles of clothing together and color coordinate them to create a visual appearance, as in the closet of Laurel and Wolf’s revamp.
8. Clean your closet as this an integral part of your daily routine. Plan an uncluttered period every six months, or so, to keep from the overwhelming task of cleaning up a year’s worth (or more) …) of clutter) in one go.
All images inculeded from www.pexels.com